Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hockey on the Radio

I have been a hockey fan my whole life. I still remember the first game i went to at the Montreal Forum back in 1996, and i also remember negotiating with my Mom to let me watch just a few minutes more (back then i used to say Ill go to bed when they show the score). But even when i couldn't watch the game i could always listen to the game on the radio. The radio Station that always played the Games was CJAD with Rick Moffat.

As I grew older i was able to watch the full games on TV and as time went on more and more games were shown on TV (Today the Canadiens are the only NHL team to have all there games broad-casted nation wide)

But something is lost with TV, the images your mind can conjure up makes hockey that much better... Now i will always watch a big game on TV but for a none important game radio is the best medium for the worlds greatest sport.

No comments: